The Minister for Information, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah in a statemen has said that the government will pay NABCo recruits whose allowances have delayed next week.
Speaking to the media at a press briefing at Koforidua in the Eastern Region on Sunday, the minister said 18,001 recruits did not receive their allowances due to inaccurate data they submitted on the payroll.
He said only 9,235 of the number reported to correct their information when text messages were sent to all affected persons rectify the errors to allow for payment to be made to them.
“NABCO secretariat sent messages to beneficiaries to correct their data for it to be rekeyed into the system. The secretariat informs us that 9,235 of them have now corrected their data and thus will be paid this week. Their December and regular stipends are also programmed to be paid immediately afterwards.”
Government on October 2018 approved out 100,000 unemployed graduate to serve in various state institutions as Nation Builders for a period of 3 years.
Three months into the program, not all recruits have been posted to begin work but the government said they will receive their stipends regardless.
Some of those who have been deployed and have commenced work have also complained of delayed allowance.
But Kojo Oppong Nkrumah explained that some of those who have not received their allowances had been removed from the program for signing up to other government programs including the National Service Scheme (NSS) and the Youth Employment Agency (YEA)
“It must be noted however that some 2,105 have been found to be already employed on other government programs such as YEA, NSS, Forestry Commission Payroll, MOH Nursing Training Institution or already employed in other sectors. The Secretariat informs us that such persons will be exited from the program.”